Monday, January 9, 2012

Why do your nipples look like that?

        Why? Why you ask? From two months of thrush and a tongue tied baby B@#$%!!!!  I can't even begin to describe how difficult breastfeeding has been for me.  It has not been easy and still isn't.  It is very frustrating that my last 2.5 months of hell could have been prevented on day 1 in the hospital.  So mommies everywhere listen up! Any antibiotics given to you close to, during, or after labour require you to load up on Probiotics with at least 10 Billion active cells (i.e. the kind you get from a refrigerator at a health food store).  Then when you squeeeeeeze that little baby turd out, give HIM probiotics as well.  Let me tell you, thrush is no picnic and very difficult to get rid of!  And if your baby is tongue tied, get it clipped.  If not you can have milk supply issues, and the baby can have feeding and speech issues when he gets older.

I like this picture because she seems like the strict authoritarian type, 
but her eyes and sexy head tilt say she's a dirty dirty lady duck


       Well thats enough ranting about our health care system.  Today was our first Mother Goose group at Early Years.  Its where moms dress their babies up as uncomfortably as possible in jeans, sweaters, and cute little running shoes. We are there to sing songs and help kick start our babies' language learning.  I am not sure how and when it turned into a fashion show. But alas, I cant have the ugly duckling in class so I wake up early to dress him in the appropriate attire.  Usually the babies are busy watching other moms so you are sitting looking like an idiot singing Itsy bitsy spider to yourself.


Here's to feeling sexy! Or NOT!

     Why is it that when you have a baby their hygiene takes precedent? He is dressed to the nines and I'm wearing yoga pants and a sweater with barely brushed teeth and my husband's deodorant.  I also decided to try washable nursing pads today thinking maybe better airflow would help with my sore nipples.  It helped! Helped ruin my life!!! Ok maybe a slight exaggeration.  Nothing says motherhood like two large wetspots on your shirt infront of 15 women and 1 man that you have never met before.  The worst part is.. they all clearly knew before me.  They were sitting there thinking about it.  Wondering when I would notice. Pitying me.  In future ladies, don't silently pity me, just tell me my f-ing shirt is wet! Please and Thank You.  Also, another favour, when you see a mom with a young baby and sore nipples, come up with a better line than "Why do your nipples look like that?".   Why were you looking in the first place? Next time offer a sympathetic smile and mind your own damn nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment