Monday, January 30, 2012

Big Foot, Little Shoe

I had always heard that your shoe size can increase by .5-1 size from pregnancy. I thought it was all poppycock until I put my soccer cleats on for the first game of the season. When I was tightening them I was confused as to why my little shoelace bow was so tiny. Then I went to pass a ball. It really hurt my toes!

My shoe size has gone up at least half a size. This is nice because I get to buy new summer flats. This sucks because I have to pay for new summer flats. I did some research on the subject. What I thought was some lingering foot fatness from swelling in pregnancy, is actually bones shifting. The hormone in your body called "relaxin" that allows your hips to loosen in pregnancy/childbirth also loosens the ligaments in your feet. The bones then separate a bit and voila! Bigger feet! This change is permanent and no toe curls and ankle rolls will fix that. So go out and splurge on some new shoes! Tell your husband I said its okay. Okay?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am in the same boat and very sad about it because I have a whole closet of shoes and sandals now that are too tight and uncomfortable to wear :-(

    ReplyDelete