Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm a smelly beast

Ever spend 20 minutes searching for the source of that awful smell, only to realize it is you?

Sadly, I did that twice this week. Once it was from the baby, and the other was just lack of proper hygiene. You see, now that my baby is getting older he likes to be entertained a lot more. If you have been following my blog you would know that totally ruins my "caged baby, happy mom" philosophy. I have to play with you now? Dammit. Now things are getting real yo. I have a baby who is on the move and wanting to play with someone. That someone is me.

So now we are well into solids, which changes the spit-up game... More specifically, smell. More of a ripe vomity smell to it now as opposed to the sour milk milder smell it used to have. That smell is what I found on my shoulder. I had been looking for a stench all evening and never thought to check my own shoulder. It was pretty gross. What's worse is I prioritized writing this blog over actually changing said shirt and eliminating the smell from my body.

Other thing I realized this week is that I need to shower more often. How often do you have to ask yourself when the last time you showered was? I do all too often. It's pretty awful. But I'd rather be smelly mom than be without my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment