Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Funny Story

My chiropractor is a good man. He's trying to repair my sciatic nerve after carrying a baby. It's not an easy job since the damage is pretty severe. He's in Carlisle which is good because he's $20 cheaper per adjustment than my Toronto chiropractor.

I thought he was a level headed working family man until today. Today he went a little crazy on me. Picture this: you're laying face down on the chiropractors table, trying to relax. Your chiropractor is examining you pre-adjustment to see which bones need adjusting. As he moves his hands to the base of your neck he makes a sound that reminds me of a bird tweeting. Moves down further and starts barking. Moves down further and does his best horse impression. I'm starting to sweat at this point. What the hell is going on? Is he crazy? Is he trying to seduce me? As he moves his hands along my spine he continues to make different animal sounds. I thought at one point I should start singing old McDonald just to break the tension. When it was time to flip over my heart started racing. I'm going to have to look this psycho in the eye! So I turn to the side and I see it. I forgot all about it.

Asher was in the room in his car seat smiling away at the chiropractor. I forgot he was there with me. Which explains the animal noises.

I took a deep breath, wiped the sweat off my brow, and relaxed. I will live another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment